Position Title: Expert Advisor for New Parents
Hiring Company/Organization: Hatch Baby
Job Location: Remote/Work-from-Home
Job Type: Contract
Salary Range: Hourly
Hatch Baby is on a mission to support new parents doing the hardest and most important job they’ll ever have. We’re passionate about combining modern design with helpful technology to revolutionize how parents care for babies and kids. Our two products – Grow and Rest – are nursery staples that have given countless parents the peace of mind that their children are thriving.
We are now seeking Expert Advisors to be part of a new service offering at Hatch Baby. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for new and expecting parents and be able to offer clear, intelligent advice about Lactation and Feeding.
We’re growing fast and looking for innovators to grow with us.
- Excellent communicator – An Expert Advisor will interact with our customers daily, providing professional advice and guidance to parents. Clear, concise communication is mandatory.
- Strong written skills – An Expert Advisor will communicate with our customer through our Expert Answer portal, which is an online question and answer interface. Good grammar, attention to detail, and the ability to succinctly and completely answer a question are critical.
- Customer support or service experience – No question is a dumb question, parents, especially new parents, come up with a wide range of inquiries. An Expert Advisor answers all of them professionally and thoughtfully.
- Technical skills – An Expert Advisor will need to interact with our Expert Advisor software and with general email and/or Slack. We are a technology start-up, and our customers are often Millennials, so understanding and using technology is part of the job.
- Excellent judgment – The Expert Advisor must be able to deem when a question or issue needs a greater degree of expertise. Understanding and interpreting customer requests and channeling them appropriately is a required skill.
- Parental and childcare experience – The focus of the role entails interacting with parents on a daily basis to help solve their parenting issues. Knowing how to parent and how to manage and support children is essential.
- Certification or specialty in Lactation – Our business model is based on providing expert advice. An ideal candidate is either a Certified Lactation Educator (CLE) or is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- 5 years in a customer facing position
- Passionate about customer service
- Enjoy helping and working with people
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- A generalist who can wear multiple hats in a scrappy, start-up environment
Flexible schedule: work whenever you have time, from wherever you want
Supportive Role: most new parents are very overwhelmed, especially when it comes to breastfeeding, you get to help them with their journey and support their breastfeeding efforts for as long as possible
Brand-building: all of our Experts have an online profile in Answered, parents see their picture and read their bio, the Expert’s answers create their reputation
Relevancy: many of our new parents are Millennials who are now parents, understanding their issues and concerns is a unique experience
Ecosystem: as an Expert, you work with all the Hatch Baby Experts (pediatric nurses, sleep consultants, licensed therapists, nutritionist, etc.) and have immediate access to their expertise. We believe in a holistic approach for all issues and encourage our Experts to collaborate (many sleep problems are due to feeding issues and vice versa)
Technology: we are a technology company, so understanding how technology is developed and delivered is part of the job. Many say the medical industry is partaking in a technology revolution, we are a tiny part of that.