- Director (representing a HMBANA milk bank in Canada) – 1 vacancy
- Director (representing a HMBANA milk bank in the U.S. or Canada) – 1 vacancy
- Director (with experience or expertise in the field, not required to represent a milk bank) – 2 vacancies
Hiring Company/Organization: Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA)
Length of Term: Two years, renewable for one additional term
Job Location: Remote
Job Type: Part-time
HMBANA’s mission recognizes:
- HMBANA’s organizational focus includes nonprofit milk bank operations, advocacy and leadership as the equity-focused North American voice for donor human milk access, use, research, and policy advancement.
- Infants from non-dominant cultures in North America have a disproportionate need for donor human milk and acute care because of systemic differences in infant morbidity and mortality based on race.
- Nonprofit organizational leadership in all fields have traditionally excluded those from non-dominant cultures, requiring concerted effort to welcome equitable representation. The HMBANA Board of Directors seeks to include these under-represented voices in its leadership.
Ideal qualifications for these positions include:
- Willingness to serve in the capacity of Director for a two-year term, renewable for one additional term.
- NOTE that under HMBANA bylaws, “Directors elected from member categories external to milk banking will provide other expertise and resources for HMBANA.” Directors not affiliated with a milk bank may have expertise in health care, legal and business fields, nonprofit management, research, milk donation, or other skill sets that will serve HMBANA’s mission.
- Enhance diversity of thought and representation on the HMBANA Board.
- Aware by experience or expertise of the need for expanded access to donor human milk in healthcare settings.
Time Demands/Additional Information
HMBANA Board terms start January 1 each year. The HMBANA Board meets quarterly, by 90-minute conference call. In-person board meetings are conducted annually and will require 2-4 days travel within North America.
Per U.S. nonprofit regulations, HMBANA Board members serve as volunteers. Limited funds are available for directors not affiliated with a milk bank to reimburse costs associated with attending HMBANA’s one in-person board meeting held in conjunction with its conference.
Interested candidates should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020:
- A current resume/CV
- A cover letter or email, describing why the applicant is interested in serving as a Director on the HMBANA Board of Directors and a brief explanation about the applicant’s vision in support of HMBANA’s mission