Position Title: IBCLC in the Austin TX Area
Hiring Company/Organization: Breastfeeding Success
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Part-time
Salary Range: $20/hr – $35/hr
Provides lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers and infants. Serves as a lactation-related clinical resource, educator, and mentor as needed.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patients’ lactation goals and issues. Instructs and demonstrates proper techniques and promotes the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identifies the need for standard patient teaching plans and assists with their development.
- Acts as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs associated with breastfeeding.
- Contributes to the development of data tools to monitor and improve outcomes.
- Protects, promotes and supports human milk use based on evidence based information within the facility and in the community.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, including data collection and assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Licensure / Certification / Registration
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Lactation credentialed from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE).
To read the complete job posting, please click here.
For application instructions, please click here.