Position Title: Professional Development Coordinator
Hiring Company/Organization: United States Lactation Consultant Association
Job Location: Remote
Job Type: Full-time (30-40 hours/week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Expires: June 30, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute USLCA’s annual education line-up, identifying and inviting presenters for webinars, workshops, and conferences.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with all presenters to help guide them through the process including application, draft review, tech check, accreditation for ANCC and IBLCE, moderation of presentation and post-session wrap-up.
- Moderate presentations including accreditation disclosures, introductions, and questions.
- Disseminate and analyze annual education needs survey to membership and develop future planning and strategy based on results.
- Work closely with ANCC Nurse Planners to ensure educational offerings are eligible for nursing CE’s.
- Review all presentations to ensure sessions are eligible for Continuing Education Recognition Points (CERPs) and are WHO Code compliant.
- Serve as liaison with IBLCE as a long-term provider.
- Communicate regularly with Executive Director.
- Establish and maintain a Professional Development Committee to assist in identifying and recruiting speakers.
- Strategize new and unique ways to provide educational offerings that meet member needs and interests while generating revenue for the Association.
- Assist Marketing Manager in promoting educational offerings.
- Plan details of regional and virtual workshops including site coordination, collaboration with co-sponsors, coordination of exhibits, and communication with attendees.
- Oversee ongoing ANCC and IBLCE reporting and recertification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate must have current IBCLC certification and be:
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Technologically competent with proven ability to learn and use new software programs
- Creative and innovative
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of USLCA
- Past related experience
- RN is a plus
Remote position. Must have own computer (PC preferred) and smart phone. Must be able to flex schedule to facilitate scheduled educational offerings and communication with volunteer committee members and Directors.
USLCA is an equal opportunity employer.