Position Title: Lactation Consultant
Hiring Company/Organization: WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Part-Time
Now Hiring a Lactation Consultant to join our team!
In order to join our team here at WakeMed, you must be committed to providing exceptional patient care. Personal comfort is a key theme at our 61-bed, full-service WakeMed North Family Health & Women’s Hospital – the one and only women’s hospital in Wake County. We’ve created a tranquil luxury atmosphere surrounded by features which promote healing while conserving nature’s resources. Not only is WakeMed a great place to work, but we are also committed to our employees. WakeMed proudly offers competitive salaries, family-friendly benefits, flexible shifts, continuing education opportunities and more.
Lactation Consultant-North Campus
The Lactation Consultant provides clinical care, support and education to breastfeeding mothers and their babies. The Lactation Consultant will also provide consultative support and education to nursing and medical staff and community breastfeeding support groups.
• 2 Years Clinical – Breastfeeding Required – And Education – Teaching and Facilitation of Learning Required
• Graduate Nursing Required – Or College Courses Nursing Required – With Required Licensure/Certification – And Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Preferred
• Registered Nurse Required – And International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant Required – Within 1 Year of Hire
• Hours of work: 6 hours day
• Weekend requirements: Every Third
• Call requirements: Yes
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 29152. EOE