Position Title: Lactation Consultant Registered Nurse
Hiring Company/Organization: Tucson Medical Center
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Full-time
Provides professional leadership, advanced knowledge and support in the practice of lactation management to new mothers.
- Reviews and assesses risk, and provides consultation with patients who require assistance.
- Assists with follow-up phone calls to assess the status of discharged patients.
- Develops, evaluates, and assists in the revisions of educational programs and resources for the mother baby unit, NICU, and new Lactation counselors in training.
- Represents TMC in community resource events and offerings.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of assigned patients.
- Utilizes and monitors aseptic technique and infection control precautions.
- Documents pertinent information regarding patient care appropriately.
- Participates in professional development by attending related professional affiliations for lactation certification.
- Communicates in a professional manner with patients, with staff, and with other collaterals.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times, including patient information, proprietary information and personnel information.
- Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To read the complete job posting, please click here.
Please apply online here.