Position Title: Lactation Educator
Hiring Company/Organization: Unity Point Health Meriter
Job Location: Madison, WI
Job Type: Part-time (0.6 FTE, Day Shifts)
The lactation consultant provides breastfeeding patients and families with the information, education, skills and clinical treatments essential to the successful attainment of their breastfeeding goals. Identifies treatment plans for the management of lactation problems, acts as a breastfeeding resource for medical and nursing staff, and promotes breastfeeding as a the preferred feeding method for newborns.
- Graduate of a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN). Will consider other nursing degrees on an individual basis
- 1 year experience as a Lactation Consultant, Counselor or Educator
- Current Wisconsin RN license
- Specialized knowledge and clinical expertise in breastfeeding and human lactation
- Proven assessment care planning skills
- Proven communication skills: listening, written and verbal
To read the complete job posting, please click here.
To apply, please see instructions at bottom of full job description here.