Position Title: Lactation Nurse Consultant
Hiring Company/Organization: St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Type: Part-time
The lactation consultant is responsible for coordinating the care of the breast feeding mother. Serves as a resource to the staff RNs, assisting them in giving breastfeeding support and information to nursing mothers, as well as educating new staff in how to teach breastfeeding. Provides care to patients with complications related to breastfeeding.
- Monitors patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly.
- Utilizes nursing process to plan, direct, and provide breastfeeding teaching and support.
- Serves as a resource for the department regarding lactation education and information.
- Identifies patient and family education needs and coordinates appropriate educational resources.
- Provides accurate documentation as required.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
To read the complete job posting, please click here.
Please apply online here.