Position Title: Lactation Program/Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Supervisor
Hiring Company/Organization: Multnomah County Health Dept
Job Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $62,103.36 – $95,838.77
- Provides supervision and support to breastfeeding peer counselors, including training, technical support and professional development. Monitors and provides quality assurance for breastfeeding peer counselor services including reporting requirements and program evaluation.
- Develops lesson plans, class content and individual participant counseling parameters and guidelines for BFPC program. This will include phone and texting contact protocols for peer counselors. Uses participant centered/popular education/motivational interviewing approach to client education strategies.
- Plans and schedules peer counseling groups, staff coverage and manages caseload for the program.
- Develop and provide breastfeeding strategies for the agency, training and in-services for BFPC and provider staff so they can assist participants to prevent or overcome breastfeeding challenges.
- Has an IBCLC credential, providing consultation and support to staff and directly to participants to overcome advanced breastfeeding challenges.
- Collaborates with community partners to help identify and address breastfeeding support needs. Partners include Multnomah County programs, hospitals, La Leche League, Early Healthy Start, Nursing Mothers Counsel and others.
- Is part of the WIC leadership team and participates in the Multnomah County Public Health strategic plan in addressing health disparities and dismantling systemic white dominance and implementing the Workforce Equity Plan.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills
- Current International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) with direct clinical work with breastfeeding moms.
- Lived or work experience working with staff and clients from different cultural, racial, and ethnic traditions, languages, backgrounds, and abilities and challenging economic situations.
- Any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities qualifies.
To read the complete job responsibilities and qualifications, please click here.
Please apply online here.