Position Title: Lead Lactation Consultant
Hiring Company/Organization: Billings Clinic
Job Location: Billings, Montana
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $30 – $38 an hour
The Lactation Consultant is responsible for providing breastfeeding support for mother and infant, both inpatient and outpatient. This includes assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of breastfeeding, as well as prenatal and postpartum education and support for the breastfeeding mom and family. The lactation consultant will also be responsible for coordinating and planning education activities for other health care providers in the Family Birth Center.
– Supports families to reach their individual breastfeeding goals.
– Provides accurate assessments of patient status to ensure appropriate response to changing patient needs.
– Consults with and makes referrals to other health care providers as needed.
– Participates in local committees related to the promotion of breastfeeding.
– RN IBCLC preferred.
– 5+ years of experience
– Well honed listening skills
– An ability to motivate and educate the novice mother
– health care insurance
Please respond to Diane Powers, IBCLC, BA
406-238-5083, office phone or