Position Title: Perinatal Health Educator/Lactation Specialist
Hiring Company/Organization: Petaluma Health Center
Job Location: Petaluma, CA
Job Type: Open to part-time or full-time
The Perinatal Health Educator/Lactation Specialist is responsible for providing education, counseling and support for OB patients and their families.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Counseling patients in smoking cessation, dental health, parenting skills, breastfeeding, the basics of labor and delivery, infant care, birth control
- Teaching classes in group settings such as CPR class, car seat safety, prenatal exercise, labor and delivery preparation, birth control, infant growth and development and basic parenting skills
- Coordinating hospital tours for expecting parents
- Postpartum education and care management in the hospital setting, including data entry of delivery statistics and basic newborn information
- Assists patients with the completion of enrollment forms for WIC, disability, breast pump programs, and any additional applicable programs
- Counsels patients and seeks appropriate referrals for assistance with domestic violence, mental health, access to emergency food and/or shelter
- Effectively communicates with OB Case Manager and other members of the health care team
To read the complete job posting, please click here.
To apply, please use the “Apply Now” link found in the full job posting here.