March 2, 2020 *, 60 minutes
12:00 pm Eastern (11:00 am Central, 10:00 am Mountain, 9:00 am Pacific)
*this webinar WILL be recorded, but access will require a separate purchase. Recorded webinars are available here for purchase a week after the live webinar has taken place.
Enhanced Members: Free
Standard Members (and all older membership levels currently being phased out): $10
Basic Members: $15
Digital Access Members and Non-Members: $30
Number of CERPs & CNEs
1.0 L CERP and 1.0 CNE* (Pending ANCC Approval)
Alyssa Schnell, MS, IBCLC
By the end of the webinar, the participate will be able to:
- Have some strategies for clients inducing lactation with complicated health profiles.
- Give clients realistic expectations regarding milk production.
- Address legal and ethical issues around domperidone.
- Suggest alternatives to the Newman-Goldfarb protocols.
- Have strategies for managing inducing lactation for clients with a short, unknown or no lead time before baby’s arrival.
- Support parents to successfully supplement with a feeding tube at the breast or chest.
Alyssa has been helping parents and babies with breastfeeding for the past 17 years, first as a La Leche League Leader and now as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Her private practice, Sweet Pea Breastfeeding Support, provides individual lactation consultations either in person or remotely for parents throughout the United States and beyond. Alyssa is also the co-host of the Breastfeeding Outside the Box podcast devoted to families breastfeeding in extraordinary situations. Alyssa enjoys working with all parents and babies, but she has an extra special place in her heart for helping non-birthing parents to breastfeed their babies. She is the author of Breastfeeding Without Birthing: A Breastfeeding Guide for Mothers Through Adoption, Surrogacy, and Other Special Circumstances. She has authored articles for The Journal of Human Lactation, The Journal of Clinical Lactation, La Leche League’s Leader Today, and Adoptive Families magazine. Alyssa is an international speaker on the topics of inducing lactation, relactation, and other related topics. Alyssa is the proud mother of three breastfed children, two by birth and one by adoption.