The Western Pennsylvania Lactation Consultant Association (WPLCA) is a professional membership organization for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs), certified lactation professionals (CLC, CLS, CLE, CBC, CBS, LEC etc.), Peer Counselors, Mother-to-Mother/Person-to-Person supporters, La Leche League Leaders, Breastfeeding USA Counselors, individuals working towards certification, and other professionals who take care of breast/chest feeding individuals in the Western Pennsylvania area. WPLCA is dedicated to providing affordable continuing education offerings and other resources to our members and the larger community of lactation supporters.
WPLCA’s mission is to:
- Uphold high standards of professional practice.
- Foster communication, networking and mutual support amongst WPLCA members.
- Provide for and facilitate education opportunities for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), other lactation professionals, and other health care workers concerned with breast/chest feeding and related issues.
- Heighten recognition of the consequences of artificial feeding of infants and children.
- Foster awareness of human milk feeding as important measures for health promotion and disease prevention.
WPLCA’s September Conference: A Day with Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
Join the conference live virtually or view the recording.
For more information and to register, please click here!