Thank you for your interest in USLCA’s 2020 regional workshop series! The USLCA staff and Board of Directors take the rapidly changing public health situation created by coronavirus disease (COVID-19) very seriously and want to do everything we can to protect our staff, speakers, and attendees. We have made the decision to evaluate each workshop 30 days prior to determine if postponement is necessary.
We encourage you to continue to register for a workshop in your area, and in the event of a postponement, you will be notified no later than 30 days before the scheduled date and receive a full refund. It is our intent to reschedule each workshop that is postponed and will provide additional details as they become available.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this ever changing public health concern and encourage you to reach out to our Professional Development Coordinator, Molly Peterson at Molly.Peterson@uslca.org with any questions or concerns.
Breastfeeding Today: An Inclusive and Modern Approach to Clinical Lactation Care
USLCA is hitting the road again! This time, with new speakers, topics, and cities! This one-day workshop will travel to new cities across the United States featuring two national speakers, one local speaker who will explore the unique breastfeeding culture of the city we are in, and provide 7 CERPs/ nursing contact hours.
National speakers, Bryna Sampey and Stephanie Wagner will cover hot topics in lactation:
Reflex Emergence and Integration of the Breastfed Baby
- What are reflexes and how they affect the breastfed baby
- How trauma and interventions can impact natural development
- How to identify and address solutions for optimal breastfeeding
Unintegrated Reflexes: An Exploration of the Long-Term Impacts
- How unintegrated reflexes affect more than breastfeeding
- A look at the functionality of reflexes
- A hands-on look at our own reflexes
Supporting Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding LGBTQ+ Families: A Look at Inclusivity in Your Clinical Practice
- The importance of language, titles, and pronouns when working with the LGBTQ+ community
- Working with all parents: Incorporating chestfeeding into your practice
- Inside the LGBTQ+ community and what it means for lactation
Taking Inclusivity from Principle to Practice
- Practice filling out in-take forms and taking H&P from people in the LGBTQ+ community
- Case study review of working with families in the LGBTQ+ community
- Review of strategies to making YOUR practice more inclusive
Questions? Contact our Professional Development Coordinator, Molly Peterson at email@example.com or 202-738-1125 ext 704
*United States Lactation Consultant Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.