USLCA Guiding Principles
USLCA exists to support the advancement of the lactation profession and lactation care providers for the health of families across the country.
Families in every community will have access to professional lactation care to form a foundation for a lifetime of optimal health and wellness.
USLCA is a:
- Leader in advancing the community of lactation care providers through professional development, mentoring and advocacy
- Welcoming, inclusive, member-driven association providing opportunities for professional development and advancement of all lactation care providers
- Trusted source of relevant information
- Advocate for lactation care providers and the important role they have on the healthcare team and the communities in which they practice
- Connector to and convener of other organizations and individuals which seek to improve the health and well-being of families everywhere