Position: Editor-in-Chief, Clinical Lactation
USLCA seeks qualified applicants for the open position of Editor-in-Chief for its quarterly publication, Clinical Lactation. With a circulation of approximately 3000 readers per issue, Clinical Lactation looks to grow in readership and strength for the advancement of the lactation profession. The contract will be effective starting with Volume 13, Issue 1 to be distributed January 2022.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage editorial team, including associate editors, editorial review board, and reviewers
- Maintain communication with USLCA as the sponsoring organization.
- Manage calendar of publication deadlines
- Work directly with Springer publishing to submit all materials in a timely manner
- Commitment of approximately 40 hours/quarterly issue
- Make and communicate decisions with authors and editors
- Fully comply with the International Code of Marketing Breast-Milk Substitutes as well as current WHA resolutions
Qualified candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator
- Be technologically savvy with proven ability to learn and use new software programs
- Be creative and innovative
- Have at least 3 years of editorial experience
- Have a healthcare background (nursing, public health, dietitian, lactation, etc.)
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, preferred
- Have experience writing and interpreting research
- Be affiliated with a university
- Be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have a PhD, preferred
- Be a published author, preferred
Remote position. Must have own computer. Must be able to conduct teleconference discussions with editorial team, sponsoring organization, and publisher. Editor-in-Chief will be a 1099 contract employee of USLCA.