Route Tongue Tie: Guiding Families Along the Journey
A Panel Discussion to explore Stops Along the Way
Join us on November 9 as we hear from a panel of experts focusing on different aspects of breastfeeding and tongue tie. Each panelist will provide a brief background to their area of expertise followed by a facilitated discussion that will explore how each of these different providers work together and in tandem with a family’s lactation team.
Number of CERPs & CNEs
3 R CERPs
RD and DTRs, please note: The CDR accepts self-study material that have been approved by ANCC.
Digital access and Non-Members: $65
*qualifying membership levels
- Stevanie Bahnerth, DC
- Michelle Emanuel OTR/L, CST, CIMI, NBCR, RYT200
- Meggie Graham, DDS
- Lori Overland, M.S., CCC, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
- Cara Riek, DN ,RN, FNP – BC, IBCLC, DABLS
- Moderated by: Shlonda Brown Smith, MS, IBCLC
- Understand the roles of lactation care providers, SLPs, chiropractors, release providers, and OTs as it relates to oral restrictions.
- Understand how to work together with other professions to support infants with oral restrictions.
- Understand the different types of release techniques and when one might be more appropriate over another depending on the restriction.
- Understand when releasing might not be appropriate at all, or right away.