Arlington Pediatrics, LTD. – “Where We Treat Our Patients Like Our Own Children”
We are 5 board-certified physicians committed to delivering quality care to children. Our staff is committed to delivering the highest level of healthcare and support. We are committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive breastfeeding services to support mothers and their babies starting from the prenatal period, throughout pregnancy and after birth. We help with the whole breastfeeding experience. We are seeking an IBCLC Board Certified Lactation Consultant/RN to add to our Lactation Team.
Lactation Consultant, RN
- Under the supervision of the Physicians/Manager or other designee, The Lactation Consultant position provides breastfeeding support to both outpatients in our pediatric office and rounds on our in-patients in the Mother Baby Unit and the NICU at Northwest Community Hospital.
- Serves as an expert consultant to maternal-child staff, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the management of breastfeeding.
- Provides expert care in lactation management according to the IBLCE Standards of Practice for IBCLC Lactation Consultants.
- Participates in program development and implementation of activities, prenatal/postnatal education, consultation and resource development.
- Promote human milk and breastfeeding, protect and support breastfeeding mothers, to help mothers initiate and maintain lactation and prevent complications/problems, and to enhance maternal role satisfaction and help ensure mothers achieve their breastfeeding goals.
- Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- 1-2 years Nursing experience in an office or hospital
- At least 1 year Breastfeeding Education / Lactation Consulting experience
Certifications / Licensure:
- IL State Registered Nurse (RN) License required
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) required
- Must be able to utilize independent decision-making skills in a wide variety of situations.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy in the performance of varied responsibilities.
- Personal computer skills required.
- Must be self-motivated to complete work in a timely manner to meet deadline
To apply for this opportunity please e-mail your resume and CV to:
or fax it to: 847-398-2534